Reading Christian's post lead me to think of how although I felt disgusted by this weird protagonist that was Grenouille, and I felt a great dislike towards him, yet I also realised that i grew very fascinated by the way that he lived and wanted to read on.
The curiosity we all have as human beings makes us want to keep on reading, similar to the curiosity that drew Grenouille to follow the scent that he smelt on that night in Paris to find the first Red headed girl. We see in the book that Grenouille becomes fascinated by what he finds he can do in this life and he becomes curious to see how great he really can become. He wonders if he really can produce a smell that can make everyone love him. His obsession, fascination and the pure sense of curiosity that draws him towards finding all these smells drives the kill that he makes. He is curious to see if there really is a perfect scent that will seduce all who will smell it.
Just a little thought that I wanted to share with everyone! :D
I might add things on later, feel free to comment!
No comments:
Post a Comment